Terms & Conditions
The term 'Shabby Store' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is LUXURY HOME FURNITURE LIMITED, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU. Our company registration number 11955828. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
By placing your order with us, you warrant that you are at least 18 years old and legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
The contract will be formed after placing an order and payment has been received. An email will be received from us acknowledging that we have received your order and a further email will be sent once the order has been accepted and payment has been taken.
All in stock items aim to be delivered within 5-10 working days, please be sure to leave a contact name and number with your order should we need to contact you further. All orders made on pre-order/made to order mean they are in production or currently on the way to our warehouses and will be delivered within the specified time of the order date. Each item has different delivery lead times so please check before you purchase. This, as you will appreciate, is sometimes out of our hands especially when we are waiting for overseas products to be manufactured and shipped to us. We will endeavor to do everything we can to communicate if this situation occurs.
Third party couriers operate on an open day time frame for deliveries, unfortunately this is out of our control.
Customers living further afield than the UK please contact the Shabby Store team to discuss shipping charges via email - email@example.com or visit our Contact Us page for more information.
Failed deliveries will be recharged in full. Please do keep to the delivery date and make sure arrangements have been made to assist any delivery to avoid such charges.
Our own Delivery Team
The Shabby Store delivery team on occasion deliver ourselves if the item(s) ordered are large or very fragile.
Please note they will not be held responsible for any damage to goods and/or property as a result of deliveries beyond the threshold of your property. Once the item has been delivered our delivery team will ask you to check the items(s) purchased for any damage and request you sign a customer disclaimer document that’s states the item(s) are free from damage.
Once this document has been signed returning the item(s) will be the customers responsibility and at their expense. Appropriate time will be given for you to inspect your item(s).The team will readily assist you and/or another member of your family/friends with an item into the property but please note that items delivered through an entrance or via a staircase and/or upstairs are carried out at the property owners risk. This decision is final. Third party couriers are strictly held responsible in any event. You are welcome to contact us at any time via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The price on our website will be as quoted and includes VAT at the time of order but excludes delivery costs which will be added to your order upon checkout.
Our Website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on our Website may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our despatch procedures so that, where a product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the product to you. If a product's correct price is higher than the price stated on our Website, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. In the event of human error where an obvious pricing mistake has occurred on our Shabby Store website, the company has the right not to honor the order at the incorrect price. Every attempt is made to ensure this situation does not occur but human error does happen from time to time
Payment for products can be made by credit or debit card, Paypal or through Klarna for 0% Finance.
Goods remain the property of LUXURY HOME FURNITURE LIMITED until payment is made in full. If a payment is subject to charge back from the card provider, the goods will become the property of LUXURY HOME FURNITURE LIMITED until payment is settled. Should a charge back occur whilst the goods have been delivered, we remain the right to collect items and pass on any costs for collection.
Any discount codes that are online may be used on all items except sale items as these items have already been highly discounted.
Refunds and Returns
Item has arrived damaged or faulty
Please ensure that you check all items on receipt and report a faulty or damaged item to us as soon as possible. Any damaged items must be reported with 7-days of receipt of the item.
In the unlikely event that your item has arrived damaged or faulty, please email email@example.com with your order number and our team will provide you with a returns form for you to complete in full and return back. Once your damage has been processed our team will arrange for a replacement item to be dispatched to you ASAP.
Item has been delivered and you would like to return it
If your order has been conducted through our website, you have 5 days from receipt of your item(s) in which to advise us in writing that you do not want to keep the goods. Notification can be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org
After we have acknowledged your request, we ask that you do the following to assist with uplift of the goods:
1. Ensure that the item is returned in the condition in which it was received. We will not be able to credit note the goods in full if there are any signs of misuse or damaged by the customer. Please retain the packaging for all items as goods must be returned in their original packaging.
2. Please make the items available for collection within 14 calendar days.
3. We will issue a credit note to you for the amount for the goods in question, excluding the cost of returning the goods.
4. Please note we cannot accept the return of the following items:
- Mattresses and beds, or bedding unless un-opened and in their original packaging.
- Any partially assembled items such as light fittings, unless the item is found to be faulty.
Once the goods are back at our local warehouse and have been inspected, we will confirm the credit note amount by email.
Refunds are only issued on damaged or faulty items. Any returns or cancellations will be issued a credit note for the value of the purchased item.
Bespoke Items or Special Orders
Shabby Store commission suppliers to make wonderful bespoke furniture that are not from our normal stock specifically for you. Unless we receive your written notification to cancel within 24 hours of you receiving our first order acknowledgement e-mail, we regret to advise you that we will have to charge you a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee could be up to 15% of your order value. There is no 14 day cooling off period for an item that is being custom made or personalised once it has been received.
We regret we are unable to accept the return of these goods as they have been specially made at your request. We will be unable to refund any money taken for these orders once they have been received.
Item(s) delivered by a 3rd party Company.
If you have received your item(s) via a third party courier and you have discovered it is damaged the first step you need to take is to email us at email@example.com with the clear photo evidence within 24 hours of receiving the goods.
Where we have made provision to collect the item(s), the customer has a duty of care to ensure no further damage occurs to the item(s). This duty of care expires after 21 days, but where you have agreed to return the goods, your duty of care continues until you do this and could be for as long as 6 months. You are in your rights to inform us of the fault and get a full refund within 30 days. After 30 days you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if the item develops a fault.
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you have a legal right to reject goods that are unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described and get a full refund – as long as you do this quickly and inform us via email within 14 days of receiving the item to firstname.lastname@example.org. This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your item. After 30 days you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if the item develops a fault. Shabby Store can refuse where we can demonstrate that your choice is disproportionately expensive compared to the cost of returning the item
Deductions from refunds – no deductions can be made from a refund from the first six months after purchase.
Naturally Shabby Store endeavors to deliver all our furniture and accessories in perfect condition. As a reputable company we have spent many hours talking to our suppliers about packing and shipping our products so they arrive safely. We are constantly looking for ways to improve these standards. Our stores also pride themselves on having the best delivery teams in the business and they quality check all items before they are dispatched from the warehouse.
It is disappointing for you and us when occasionally things go wrong. When your order has been unwrapped in your home and there are signs of transit damage, this is what to expect:
- All damaged items need to be reported as soon as possible, especially when a 3rd party courier has been utilised for delivery. Please inform us, where possible, on the same day of delivery so we can inform the courier of the damage that has been caused during transit. This is so we can resolve the situation for you at your earliest convenience in the hope that we can send the third party courier back to collect on the same day. Please send photos of the damage to email@example.com
- Damaged items: Any item(s) that arrives damaged will be replaced at our own cost. We will arrange collection and delivery of a new item within 14 days after receiving your email notification that includes clear photo evidence sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. All damaged items need to be reported within 30 days for you to receive a full refund.
- A full refund shall be limited to the original purchase price paid for the unsatisfactory merchandise.
- If the item is useable and you are happy to keep it, please inform us by sending an email to email@example.com and we will assess the damage so we can decide what steps to take next. Please can you take clear photos and type in your subject Damaged Goods when emailing us.
All clearance items and non-refundable and non-returnable.
Out of Stock Items
Shabby Store has a huge selection of furniture and accessories. Once we have received your order one of our team in the office will check that the item(s) is in stock. As you can imagine due to the variety of products we sell on our website, our stock fluctuates on a daily and sometimes hourly basis. We do try our very best to keep our website up to date so that we do not inconvenience or disappoint our customers. If our office team discover your item(s) is out of stock, they will contact you within 48 hours after receiving your order by either by telephone or email. Please note this timeframe may increase slightly if your ordering Friday PM and don’t forget to check your junk emails. Before the office team makes contact with you they will do their upmost to endeavor to locate the item you originally ordered from other supplier so we do not have to bother or inconvenience you in the first instance.
Should you order a mixture of stocked and not stocked items, these will be shipped at the same time unless advised otherwise by yourself.
As with the Out of Stock process your item(s) are also checked to see if they have been discontinued with our supplier if they are not stored in our large warehouse facilities. On a very rare occasion the Shabby Store office team may discover the item may have been discontinued. If this situation does occur, we will contact you within 48 hours of receiving your order. Please note this timeframe may increase slightly if your ordering Friday PM and don’t forget to check your junk emails. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will contact you via telephone or email and where possible offer you a suitable alternative. Before the office team makes contact with you they will do their upmost to endeavor to locate the item you originally ordered from other suppliers so we do not have to bother or inconvenience you in the first instance. A credit note will be given if we cannot fulfill your discontinued order and an alternative cannot be sourced.
Buying seconds or damaged items
If you are buying seconds, you are entitled to a product which is undamaged and fully useable. If you knowingly buy a damaged product, the specific defect will be pointed out to you before you buy, you cannot then return the item on the basis of that defect.
Our manufacturers offer a 1 year warranty on all products against manufacturing defects where used in accordance with the instructions. This is subject to the following exclusions:
- Moving parts (mechanisms, castors, drawers)
- Seating upholstery which are subject to usage related wear and tear
- Where incorrect assembly occurs or use of non–recommended parts, or third party accessories not compatible with original design are used
- Where the product has been tampered with by a third party or interventions by non–authorised personnel.
Where your product is covered by our warranty against manufacturing defect, we will at our discretion provide a spare part, repair, replacement or refund. Please contact us with a full description and photographs of the fault, using our damaged items form. We may arrange an engineer to inspect the item and either rectify the fault on site or advise on action required.
Where your product is no longer under warranty we will endeavour to repair or replace parts subject to availability. There may be charges outside of the warranty period these will be advised before proceeding.
Cancellations, Refunds and Returns
Product Design And Quality
Our manufacturers may occasionally alter or slightly change the design of items. Shabby Store cannot accept these as faults. The majority of the furniture we purchase is hand crafted and therefore sizes are only offered as a guide. Our manufacturers reserve the right to change specification without prior notice.
(IMPORTANT PRODUCT INFORMATION)
To avoid any misunderstandings ourselves and our manufacturers feel that it is important to advise all customers, old and new, what they should expect from the products sold on Shabby Store Website. (The Manufacturer) pride ourselves on providing exciting ranges of unusual design-led products, Many of the products are hand-made or hand-finished. This is how they are intended and the resultant variable finish is what helps to sell the product and set it apart from the mass-produced items you would expect to find in Multiples. Hand-blown glass will have bubbles and/or slight colour variations. Hand-made ceramics will vary slightly in shape and/or size. Hand-applied ceramic glazes, especially the clever reactive glazes that they often use to create special effects will have firing marks or glaze bubbles of glaze runs. These items are not in any way faulty, it is how they are intended to be. They and us feel we must point this out to you because we do want all our customers to get complete satisfaction from ranges. Occasionally some of our newer customers are not aware of or don’t know what to expect from hand-finished items. We hope this information helps.
If for any reason you need any further help or information, please don't hesitate to contact a member of our Shabby Store Team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find more information on our Contact Us page.